- Sister berry to the Borealis and Tundra varieties.
- Berries have a tangy plum flavour with a sweet essence when mature.
- Robust and oval in shape and weigh on average 1.3 g
- Firm skin with a dry attachment point; able to withstand some handling without damage.
- Suited to being freshly picked commercially and for home gardening applications.
- Matures around 5-6 ft. with stems and leaves growing vigorously outward making the bush wider spread.
- Flowering duration begins the last week of April and continues to the first week of June, during which time a high profusion of flowering occurs.
Indigo Gem is one of the early identified commercial clones. It has a regular uniform shape with a smooth rounded shape. Yield is high and berry flavour is good to excellent.